The Evzones or Tsoliades wear the traditional and historically meaningful uniform and receive exclusive forms of training and benefits. With a history spanning over more than a century, the Greek Presidential Guard was officially founded in 1868 as a regiment of the Greek army. Today, the duties of the Evzones are of a purely ceremonial nature. The team of Evzones (meaning the ‘well-belted’, a term traced to Homer’s time) is also called the Corps, Flag Guard, Palace Guard and Royal Guard, the last two vestiges of the royal regime. Their training camp is located very near to the Parliament building and one will often see them marching ceremoniously back and forth along Vas. Sofias Avenue and Irodou Attikou Street whilst changing shifts.