Outside the crowded area of the Propylaia stands the statue of Rigas Feraios, a work commissioned by the senate of the university to the sculptor Ioannis Kosso in 1869. The shape of Riga The wing is attributed to a size larger than normal, upright, with the head pointed slightly to the left and the right foot extended.
His gaze is directed forward and away, thereby capturing his vision Ferrari. Also, the parts of the broken chain that lie low on his feet emphasize it ideal of freedom. It is worth noting that this particular statue was the first one was erected in the city after the proclamation of Athens as the capital of the Greek state.